Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Supply Chain)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join a large engineering organisation and play an essential role in the delivery of key engineering programmes to the Royal Navy's Fleet of surface vessels and submarines, both current and in the future. Quality Assurance is critical to the execution of these programmes, and this includes ensuring the supply chain meets the same high levels of Quality.
Moreover, the business is undergoing a significant transformation programme, which provides a vast array of opportunities to both influence as well as to play a notable role in the ongoing evolution of the business as it seeks to further develop upon quality assurance through its change programmes.
We are therefore looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer who can demonstrate a proven track record of effective supply chain engagement and management. The role stretches beyond the Plymouth boundary, and is within a Division-wide function. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and management of standardised Supply Chain Quality processes that benefit the entire Division, across multiple UK sites, and provide governance, assurance and improvement of the divisional supply chain.
Therefore the opportunity exists for the right calibre of Quality Assurance professional to influence and help deliver on programmes critical to the UK. As a FTSE 100 organisation with an order book in excess of £20billion, a bid pipeline of £10billion and an annual turnover approaching £5billion, the prospects for the right individual to develop is clear, with the business confidently able to predict work volumes for years ahead. Babcock can provide the Senior Supply Chain Quality Engineer with a development pathway that few organisations can match.
Package and Benefits (not exhaustive)
- Basic salary in line with experience
- Company Pension with Life Assurance, with Employee contributions matched by the Company and dependent on levels, exceeded.
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme - saves tax and NI contributions, as well as offering free shares for every 10 purchased
- Payment of Professional Membership Subscriptions
- Onsite Occupational Health Centre providing Physiotherapy and health related support, as well as a Specsavers onsite
- Access to Sports Facilities such as the Gym and Swimming Pool
- In-House Training department
- Employee Development schemes, including access to a Personal Development Allowance of £125 every year
- Flexible Working Hours
- Discounts (shopping, computing, mobile phones, travel, entertainment)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
We would welcome applications from experienced Quality Assurance Engineers who can demonstrate effectiveness within the Supply Chain Quality environment, or Supply Chain Quality Professionals with an engineering background/qualification, who can demonstrate the relevant experience
- Ideally qualified to HNC/HND levels
- Preferably a recognised professional qualification, or experience in, lean methodology or continuous improvement
- Certified Lead Auditor