QC Team Leader
Reporting to QTA Manager
Purpose of Role
To take a leading role in the maintenance of safe, efficient and functional laboratories, developed to the required standards, in accordance with budget.
- Develops and implements quality control systems for the Waterford QTA Labs
- Oversees the day to day running of the Laboratories supporting production areas, directing the workload of the QTA Chemists
- Manages the site analytical support, plus transfer of methods and specifications associated with new product introductions
- Provide analytical services and support to manufacturing.
- Ensure QTA laboratories meet current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) and validation requirements.
- Manage teams to ensure team members achieve their potential and the team meets its goals
- Ensures projects are managed in conjunction with all required Sanofi and legal requirements (EHS, cGLP, method transfers, environmental etc). This includes new product introductions, cleaning analytical methods, and similar projects.
- Implement continuous improvement projects as required.
- Ensure adequate oversight of manufacturing aseptic practices.
Degree in Science (Chemistry, Microbiology or Pharmacy preferred)
Post-graduate studies as appropriate to augment primary degree
- Detailed knowledge of Biopharma analytical methodologies and technologies.
- 4 -6 years' experience working in a Healthcare manufacturing environment - ideally part of which would be in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical sector.
- Effective technical knowledge of Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Prior experience in leading or co-ordinating a team would be an advantage.
- Operational experience of quality laboratories in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of quality management systems.
- Effective technical knowledge of pharmaceutical plants.
- Knowledge of requirements for cGLP, cGMP, pharmacopoeial methods and stability.
- Ability to manage projects to plan/budget
- Excellent & efficient communicator at organisation, team and individual levels
- High energy, commitment and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and adapt.
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to influence and affect change
- Capable of resolving issues of conflict effectively within a team
- Ability to understand the 'broader picture' and business context
- Ability and willingness to identify opportunities to 'break the mould' with systems and processes
May be required to deputise for QTA Manager
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, presentation & writing)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical & non-technical information
- Works well with others at all levels of the organization, across multi-sites, and in a multi-national environment
- Initiative - able to work in a self-directed manner to see issues through to completion.
- Highly motivated. Ability to multi-task
If you wish to have a confidential conversation about this role please call Sandra 086 044 3460 or email