Python Developer - Django - MySQL - Agile
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Python Developer to join their team in either Milton Keynes or Osterley, W.London (dependent on candidate preference). Please see details below;
- You will join a scrum/project team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that put us first for event ticketing, customer service and sales
- We ask for the very best from our development teams, so we'll make sure that you get experience you need to have an enjoyable and fulfilling time with us
- As a Developer you'll be drawing on your know-how to drive high quality product development and mentor others so that they can get up to your level. You are experienced in, and follow best practice in, Agile and software development methods
Role & Responsibilities
- Be a constant source of technical information and direction for the team
- In weekly iterations using Scrum you will showcase the functionality you have completed to the Product Sponsor, customers and stakeholders and deliver high-quality working software to a production environment.
- Mentor and develop more junior Developers as we bring them on board with your help
- Continuously challenge the ways of working to ensure continuous improvement within the team
- Develop software specific to any number of features/functions of our product.
- Agile Agile Agile Software development.
Requirements & Skills
- Delivery experience within the agile and web/mobile arenas
- Collaborating with a highly skilled self-organizing and cross-functional team to deliver high-quality, high-value product to users - a true team player that gets their kicks by knowing how they helped others succeed
- You've obtained a level of mastery in Python using the Django framework, are obsessed with keeping up-to-date with the latest in the technical communities and have a track record of delivering scalable backend solutions and APIs. Prowess with Express and Restify frameworks is very desirable. Even better if you also have experience of Couchbase, Cassandra and Redis.
- You are brilliant at building complex applications within a micro-services
- Solid programming foundation; expect to spend a significant amount of time writing code.
- Working knowledge of one or several other object-oriented or functional programming languages.
- 5+ years' experience developing software.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
Candidates should submit their CVs in the first instance.