Public Relations Specialist
Daily Rate Range £350 to £400
My client is currently seeking an experienced Public Relations Specialist to join their London based team.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in media relations, reputation management and public relations support.
The candidate will promote the business's initiatives, products, flagship brands and thought leadership. He or she will manage media relationships and create and distribute communications materials.
The candidate's external stakeholders will include top-tier, trade, and online media outlets and other industry influencers. Internally, he or she will work with Business Communications colleagues, senior management, subject matter experts, product teams, and sales & marketing colleagues to ensure PR activities are aligned with other communications and support business priorities.
The candidate will be a team player and problem solver who can think proactively, react quickly, and collaborate effectively. He or she will possess the gravitas and finesse to advise clients on communications strategies and techniques - while also handling tactical tasks.
- Write and edit articles, media materials, social posts, news releases and other content.
- Manage media relationships and social media channels.
- Identify and create editorial opportunities that advance business objectives.
- Provide PR support such as assembling media lists, conducting online research, and tracking, measuring and reporting on coverage.
- Partner with the business's global communications and marketing teams to ensure communications are consistent and aligned, advance business priorities and effectively convey key messages.
- Create communications strategies and plans and provide communications counsel.
- Participate in projects to continually improve communications protocols and processes.
Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate communications with an agency or in-house - particularly experience in tech, BtoB, and professional service markets (financial, legal, tax.)
- Strong writing skills.
- Expertise in media relations, influencer engagement, and social media.
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and information and distill our intellectual capital into ideas and stories of interest to the news media.
- Proven track record delivering measurable PR results at a high-profile organization and in a global setting.
- Customer-focus, flexibility and responsiveness are crucial.
- Experience working with and maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Detail-oriented; exceptional project management and organizational skills.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.