Building Services Technical Manager
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Services Technical Manager to join a leading Defence & Security Organisation in the UK. This is a brand new role that has come about as a result of the creation of a Central Building Services Technical Team.
You will help define and set the technical standards and delivery within the Group Property Business. The role will require an extensive hands-on approach in supporting, delivering, and improving the electrical, mechanical, and building standards across the company. You will be instrumental in driving both the maintenance and technical standards and specifications.
As part of the Technical Team you will provide strong technical support to all sites, help develop and roll out a Safe System of Work, manage and support the Authorised Persons, set technical standards across all sites, and develop the competency of our in-house delivery team. There will be significant focus on reviewing our current maintenance standards against the current industry best practice.
- Delivery of safe, compliant, and responsive maintenance and FM service across all sites
- Promote and drive technical standards for the Company Group Property, identifying improvements, opportunities and best practice
- Undertake a gap analysis of technical competency across all sites. Develop a continuous training programme to help raise the standard of Building Services Engineers
- Lead the effective use and reporting of technical and statutory maintenance compliance across all company sites, develop processes to improve performance
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate a strategy for continuous improvement of maintenance standards and specification
- Drive excellence in the FM site teams working practices in regards to Safe Systems of Work and maintenance delivery
- Sit on the Project Review Panel and provide technical guidance to site Facility Teams and Project Managers
- Create technical standards that can assist procurement of contracts and projects.
- Instrumental in building relationships with our supply chain
- Degree or HND in a relevant field (Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering etc)
- A proven background in Facilities Management (FM) or Property/Building Services (ideally 5+ years on the job)
- A sound knowledge and technical understanding of both electrical and mechanical fields
- An awareness and experience in a health and safety environment (ideally IOSH or NEBOSH)
How to apply
If you have the required knowledge and experience and want to be considered for an interview, apply online today or contact me (Stacey) on 01179 309 749