Project Manager - Software / System - Portsmouth
One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for three Project Managers to come and join their Maritime Projects Division. They are a global organisation that is predominantly based in Europe, North America and Australia, but are going into emerging markets in Africa and South East Asia.
You will build and managing a team of highly technical multi-disciplined and enthusiastic individuals. There are three positions available within the Maritime Projects Division, each working on separate projects.
The project is developing the next generation in RCS measurement systems. The client requires candidates to have experience of working within a Software Development Lifecycle and working on bespoke Systems for electronic hardware.
You will work numerous stakeholders in a diverse team; the responsibilities include:
- Delivery the project to time, cost and quality
- Successful engagement with stakeholders
- Managing and maintaining the project team to develop a cost effective and extendible solution
- Production of robust project plans and resource/cost schedules (EPM)
- Production of open, honest and timely reports on the status of the project
- Leadership of the project through the system engineering life cycle
- Support the business to develop future pipeline work
- Promotion of best practice
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience / Good understanding of working within in a UK Government or Defence based environment.
- Previously knowledge / experience with Solution Development.
- Experience working with Complex or Critical Projects, such as; Systems Integration, Electronic Systems, or Management Solutions. Bespoke Projects experience is desirable.
- Experience of systems and software engineering disciplines and life cycle to develop complex products in the defence domain
- Track record of successful delivery of development and system integration of software and electronic systems projects to defined cost, time-scale and budget;
Location and Clearance
The positions are predominantly based in Portsmouth; travel to other facilities will be required.
The successful candidate must be willing to go through SC clearance upon starting. To be eligible candidates must have worked/lived in the UK for the last 5 years in order to be eligible.
For more information about the role, or to determine if you are eligible for SC Clearance please contact Mark Maxwell on 01619243659.