Project Manager -Set Top Box - 6 month contract - West London
We have an exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Project Manager (Set Top Box) with hardware, software and backend experience. This role will see you supporting one of the largest Media and Broadcasting giants in the UK... This means unlike other contracts you will be working with cutting technology, a highly talented digital hub team and enjoy a 'start-up' feel.
Technologies; Jira, Set Top Box, Confluence, Iterative development, hardware, software and backend systems
Responsibilities & You;
- To take ownership of features/projects from requirement definition through to delivery into the customer base
- Monitor and maintain project progress
- Manage technical 3rd party relationships and project dependencies
- Ensure common working procedures and practices are followed
- Report project status, issues and quality metrics
- Liaise with the others within the Programme team for the purpose of advanced project planning
- Prepared to occasionally travel overseas for short periods of time
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proven external and internal communicator, both orally and written.
- Excellent presentation skills are also essential.
- Experience in using defect management systems, such as Jira
- Web based communication such as Confluence
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Must understand the structure of a software development project and be able to break down a project into tasks.
- Understanding or experience of Agile/iterative development an advantage.
- Must be able to negotiate resource, track progress and identify and resolve issues, risks and conflicts.
- Must demonstrate the tenacity to take ownership of work and drive the work to completion.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or management discipline. Alternatively, significant proven experience in a project driven environment will be considered.
Location: West London
Duration: 6 months
If you want to be considered, call me directly to discuss or send over your most recent profile and contact details! OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED!!