Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project manager to join their team based in Hook for an initial 3 month contract
Due to the nature of the role, candidates are required to possess SC Clearance or be willing to undergo SC clearance.
Day to Day Responsibilities
The PM has a critical delivery role, acting in the clients commercial interests while balancing:
* Costs and financial management
* Customer satisfaction
* Scope of work
Security Management is vitally important and must be managed by the PM.
* Plans, directs, and co-ordinates the team's activities to manage and implement project and/or interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
* Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk.
* Leads the project team in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
* Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements; manages sub-contractors.
* Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project.
* Develops project control and reporting procedures and manages changes in operational plan.
* Undertakes status review meetings among project team members and clients.
* Works with management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
* Proactively influences customers to apply project planning methodologies.
* Develops, proposes, and negotiates project proposals, quotations, and add-ons to leadership and the client.
* Analyses project progress/costs and facilitates the development of recommended
* Creates communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
* Advises senior management on Project Management capability and risk.
- Must have proven successful project leading experience in Applications development/ leading a team of 15+ developers and in depth knowledge and experience in a number of interrelated Project areas.
- Must have experience of creating proposals for changes, including creating cost models. In-depth experience of Software Development Lifecycle Strong customer facing and communications skills.
- Must have experience of Microsoft Project, with ability to both create a project schedule and use it to monitor and track progress.
- Experience of cost and financial management of projects.
- Proven leadership skills
- In-depth experience of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- A proven track record of both working within and leading disciplined s/w development projects
- A proven ability to make decisions and to work under own initiative
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interface with, and manage, developers and managers alike
- Understands the importance of processes, procedures and standards, and can ensure they are followed
- Ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- A calm, logical thinker and problem solver
- Previous Experience of managing Government IT projects
- Knowledge of Bid Management
- Knowledge of the Maritime environment
- Focused on delivery
- Good team player
- Effective communicator
- Able to cope in a rapidly changing environment