As project manager you will have good stakeholder management skills, be organised and clear in your communications and planning, have the ability to detect/ask penetrating questions to un mask the assumed, resolve conflicts (internal and external) and the ability to recognise and mitigate risks. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors and/or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The role may be required to provide high level board reports on high profile projects of work and will be expected to interact and manage with every department within company due to the core nature of the projects team.
Key Responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Build strong relationships with all internal stakeholders such as Sales, Technical Development and Operations to facilitate the successful delivery of all projects and smooth transition into life
- Build strong relationships with a multitude of external stakeholders such as contractors and key customer clients as well as site based staff
- Take ownership and accountability for the customer project portfolio, project cost, time and budget
- Utilising the existing project standards, maintain and develop project plans identifying resource requirements and deliverables across the customer projects programme.
- Highlight and manage resource dependencies and conflicts between projects, prioritising in line with business benefit, escalating to board level where necessary
- Assist sales teams with proposed technical solutions and costings where required
- Build, develop and grow business relationships, where possible, to secure both the success of the project and assistance with potential future business moving forward
- Management of day to day operational aspects of project and scope
- Follow internal Project Management process at all times and enforce project standards
- Effective management of all project issues and risks
- Manage / mitigate project risks and ensure key stakeholders are updated regularly
- Provide weekly / monthly reporting on project status (time, cost, quality) highlighting project risks, issues and mitigating actions
- Conduct project investment appraisals to ensure that lessons are learned and improvements implemented