Project Manager - IT Financial Controls
Location: London (Currently remote working)
We are actively looking to secure a Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services, and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
The role is to support the Controls team for our global Finance and Procurement transformation programme. It will manage the delivery plans of a multidisciplinary core team (process, data, org design, systems, change and communications) which is implementing a simplified and standardised landscape across a Group Finance function.
The role is important because the programme replaces a large part of our old Finance systems across the client Group. This transformation includes the implementation of an SAP/Hana platform, including subledger changes which impact our key process and IT systems across the UK.
The scope of the role is to manage all the controls delivery dimensions, working to plan and coordinate delivery and testing of controls alongside our process and system changes into the client business - including plans, progress meetings, stand-ups, logs, RAID, forecasts, reporting, resources and measures/KPIs.
You will work alongside an experienced Controls team and develop a partnership with people in the programme team including third parties and the wider client business to ensure delivery is the priority.
You will need to be able to think ahead, pre-empt requirements for key meetings, and drive the preparation for these.
You will also hold the pen on internal project meetings.
This role is not an IT project management role.
- Develop, maintain, and track the controls tower workstream plans, progress assumptions, risks, issues, MI, KPIs, scope, reporting, dependencies, actions and change logs and other organisational tasks on behalf of the process tower and team.
- Ensure actions are clear, logged, assigned, and completed across the workstream.
- Ensure governance of the workstream, working to programme practices.
- Manage making sure the workstream is delivering to schedule and quality at all times.
- Call out issues, contention, and focus items for the workstream team, ensuring corrective actions are secure and reach resolution.
- Organise functional leads to resolve problems and issues.
- Run project stand-ups, weekly reports, and reviews.
You need to have strong project and organisational skills:
- Excellent communication skills, constructively engaging with team (written and verbal).
- Management of Microsoft Project plans, use of excel, production of PPT slide presentations, reports.
- Able to work at pace, producing accurate quality deliverables on time.
- Able to manage workstream delivery to Programme Managers, Senior Business Managers.
- Supporting Team Leads and Subject Matter Experts in project management disciplines working across business change management, communications, systems, data, process design deliverables.
- Recognised project management accreditation (APMP, PMI, Prince).
- Over 3 Years Project management/PMO experience.
- Complex projects spanning multiple years and in a multidivisional global organisation.
- Experience of delivering and working knowledge of Finance and process control deliverables on an ERP programme
- PM tools and practices - inc. Microsoft project.
- Finance and/or Procurement Systems Change.
- PM |PMO Accreditation.
- SAP HANA and/or complex operating model exposure.
- SAP GRC PC exposure
- Agile & lean delivery practices.
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of Agile and Lean working (Kanban).
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance.