Fleet Programmes Project Manager
£40-45k plus package
Experis are currently recruiting on behalf of our Client a leading Engineering Support Services organisation for an experienced Project Manager from a Production, Maintenance or Manufacturing background to join their Fleet Programmes Team to drive forward projects.
The Fleet Programmes Department is responsible for the Project Management of all Fleet Time Submarine Maintenance at HMNB Clyde. Reporting to an Output Manager responsible for a wider programme of fleet time maintenance projects, the role holder will be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of specific Submarine maintenance programmes within the Fleet Programmes portfolio to meet safety, time, quality, performance and cost targets..
Specific responsibilities will include.
- Providing project management and delivery of submarine maintenance projects to meet safety, time, quality, performance and cost targets
- Leading and managing all staff allocated to project team which includes 5-7 direct reports
- Reporting on project progress, including updating resource, cost and delivery records
- Assisting the Output Manager in maximising utilisation of resources within Fleet Programmes
- Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Client's SQE policies and procedures - including risk assessments
We are looking for experienced Project Managers who have experience in a Production or Maintenance Engineering environments within the Marine, Offshore Energy or Nuclear sectors.
Candidates should ideally be able to demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
A degree in an Engineering or Project Management related field
Project Management and Project Risk Management techniques and have an APM practitioner qualification
Management of the Naval Nuclear propulsion programme.
Submarine systems and equipment
Business Processes (HR, Finance Commercial).
Process Improvement techniques.
This is an excellent Project Management opportunity within a fast paced department with a hugely varied portfolio of work to be delivered in a highly regulated sector.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience as detailed above then I would like to hear from you. Please apply online or send your CV directly or contact me on 0131 558 4809 for further information.
Closing date for applications is the 2nd April 2017