Project Manager (Aerospace)
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, HAMPSHIRE, SALARY COMPETITIVE & DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join a leading Global Defence Technology & Security Organisation based in Hampshire, working across their different Air platforms.
You will be responsible for developing, leading and effectively communicating delivery performance and implementing improvements in IDT delivery performance.
- Application of appropriate project governance to ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Delivery of standard projects in accordance with company governance.
- Delivery of standard projects to (or ahead of) contracted schedule and cash flow.
- Delivery of standard major projects within Authorised Base Cost.
- Communication of project progress (time, cost & quality) to internal stakeholders, ensuring that risks are escalated through the appropriate channels as soon as possible.
- Maintenance of up-to-date, fully resourced plans covering full contracted scope (published in accordance with company corporate requirements).
- Control of project changes, ensuring any change to scope (including due to missed dependencies) are formalised through the contract change process and appropriately authorised.
- Maintenance of up-to-date Project Management Plan (PMP) and risk register in approved format for all projects.
- Approval of project costs in line with the Delegations Matrix.
- Preparation of materials to support, and closure of actions arising from, reviews (both monthly progress reviews & Lifecycle reviews).
- Preparation of proposals for follow-on work.
- Achievement of customer satisfaction targets.
- IPMA Level D or demonstrable experience at PM level
- Experience working to tight time-frames
- Experience working within a Defence environment or interactions with government departments
- Experience managing external & internal relationships
The successful Project Manager will be put through Ministry of Defence security clearance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview.