My client is an international IT consultancy & services provider, based in Telford in the Midlands. They are looking for a part /newly qualified Project Management Accountant to join their team on a 7 month contract placement.
You should ideally be immediately available, or on a maximum of 1 week's notice.
· Providing financial support to projects in the business
· Involvement in transactional duties such as accounts payable/receivable processes.
· Involvement in month / quarter end processes.
· Preparation of monthly actuals and rolling forecasts, and the interpretation of variances from a financial, commercial and delivery perspective.
· Produce and interpret a detailed monthly reporting pack and present the financial position at monthly reviews to senior management.
· Understand business risk factors, materiality, revenue recognition principles.
· Proactive business analysis.
· Close liaison with Operations, Programme/Project Managers and Project Analysts, displaying confidence to support and challenge.
· To understand a complex client contract and its financial implications on the business.
· Close liaison with the Commercial team both in providing support on request and to resolve commercial issues.
· Good understanding of balance sheet control.
· Produce regular and ad-hoc reports and analysis to support the account's financial obligations, and to assist in decision making.
· Part-Qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant.
· Strong technical experience including Oracle / Business Objects knowledge and a high level of Microsoft Excel skills.
· Strong analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal. Strong commercial acumen.
· Process high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Proactive and a positive 'can-do' attitude.
· A real team player.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Experience of the outsourcing industry is desirable.
· Knowledge of Project accounting is desirable.