£32k plus benefits
Experis are recruiting on behalf of our Client a leading Engineering Support Services organisation for a Project Engineer to support the delivery of a variety of maintenance projects within their Programme function.
The main responsibilities for this role are as follows -
- Act as deputy lead within a team responsible for the delivery of maintenance and repair projects
- Compile project management plan
- Provide professional engineering oversight and guidance of activities
- Drive delivery of projects to exacting time, cost and quality requirements
- Managing r relationships with Internal, Client and External stakeholders
- Represent the department in regular progress update meetings
- Compile sub contractor Invitation to Tender documents
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- HNC level or equivalent qualification in Engineering discipline - Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulics etc
- Previous experience of delivering maintenance engineering projects within a multi disciplinary environment
- Able to plan, prioritise and manage workload within a high pressure environment
- Produce clear, concise and well structured reports
- Strong stakeholder management skills - able to build strong relationships at all levels
- IT Literate with Microsoft Office software
- Formal project management certification would be desirable - however training to APM level will be provided
- Knowledge of marine or nuclear engineering would be advantageous but not essential for this role
- Must be able to gain and maintain UK SC level security clearance
This is an excellent opportunity for an existing Project Engineer or for a "hands on" Engineer who wishes to move into Project Management and Planning offering the chance to deliver on high profile Engineering projects with an established UK employer.
If you feel you have the necessary engineering knowledge and can evidence working within a Project environment then I would like to hear from you. Please apply online or send your CV directly or contact me on 0131 558 4809 for further information.