We are currently looking for a Project controls lead to work for our client in Rosyth for initial 12 months contract duration. Our client has identified the potential for a proactive project controls lead on an oil and gas decommissioning project in the Southern North Sea.
This is a key position within the Rosyth-based project team and will report directly to our client's execution manager. The project is due to enter the definition phase, which over a 12-month period, will determine rigorous cost and planning data and suitable reporting mechanisms for the subsequent execution phase. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished project controls specialist with recent, practical experience in planning, cost control and reporting, progress reporting and third party invoice approvals/corrective action tracking. A minimum of 10 years' practical experience is preferred.
Initially, the candidate will be expected to mature existing preliminary cost and planning information into a practical framework that will enable effective control and reporting of the project's definition phase. The candidate will be expected to efficiently integrate multiple third party plans into a single MS Project schedule and manage cost control via MS spreadsheets. Upon successful conclusion of the definition phase, it is intended that the successful candidate will continue into the execution phase.
With the following skills and experience:
* Project controls development and management.
* Demonstrable cost engineering experience.
* Demonstrable and practical planning capability in MS Project.
* Demonstrable earned value management and progress reporting capability.
* Preparation from first principles of cost reports and progress reports.
* Team player accustomed to motivating multiple third parties to maintain a weekly reporting schedule.