My client, a multi-national consultancy services provider based in Woking, is currently seeking an interim Project Accountant for a 6 month contract position. Candidates should ideally be immediately available or on a maximum of 2 week's notice.
The programme in question is one of Infrastructure's largest deals with a budget of over £50m. It is a genuine 'cross discipline' programme and involves a wide variety of stakeholders. Reporting to the Controller on the account, the role of the Project Accountant is required to;
· Manage and complete the month-end close process (actuals and forecast) for all projects, liaising with both PMO (on and offshore) and Account Managers as well as Financial Controllers from other business units.
· Maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
· Help prepare the month end reporting pack, with a particular focus on working capital reporting.
· Line manage one off-shore Project Accountant and develop the offshore accounting function.
· Drive improvements and efficiencies in the current accounting and back office process.
· Liaise with third party suppliers and clients on an ad hoc basis.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA OR CIMA)
· Background in outsourced IT services or similar environments
· Project accounting experience.
· Strong communication and influencing skills, must be credible with senior management.
The successful candidate will need to gain Baseline Standard (BPSS) level of security clearance before role commencement.