Programme Manager (Nuclear Security)
A successful and rapidly expanding FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Programme Manager with experience in nuclear security in order to support the defence nuclear regulator and the assurance activities.
The main purpose of this position is to manage the Nuclear Security Enhancement Programme and contributing security projects at various sites. You will support the Head of Security with business continuity tasks as required.
Day to day tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Supporting and planning of nuclear safety field training exercises with the civil authority and any other external exercises.
- Provide SME knowledge to exercise planning.
- Write policies and guidelines to comply with nuclear sites; to ensure they follow the new defence nuclear regulator who has instructed on assurance activities.
- Conduct assurance activities, investigations and inspections.
- Attend senior stakeholder meetings/ board meetings and explain the risk and vulnerability with the ability to provide solutions to the risk. Set up and start projects/programmes to ensure risk is at minimum.
- Programme management;- manage portfolios for the various sites to ensure security enhancement programmes are delivered to cost, quality and time in accordance with project plans.
Company Information and Proposition
As this is a new post, you have the opportunity to shape the role as you develop. This role is also considered as part of the succession planning so there is an opportunity for career progression. You will have training opportunities and the chance to gain relevant qualifications.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team within a successful organisation.
Nuclear Security background; either Civil or Defence will be considered
Programme management experience; ideally with qualifications
Excellent communicator; ability to communicate at all levels
Analytically minded with Gravitas
Familiar with Government security requirements
DV Clearance; must be able to achieve this if not already held
Hours: 40 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for DV Clearance
Location: Flexible - ideal locations; Plymouth, Bristol, Edinburgh
Start Date: ASAP
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of a Programme Manager (Nuclear Security) then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732 or send your CV