- Responsible for the front line management of all operators within department.
- Help maintain a clean and safe working environment, ensuring high standards of housekeeping, and control of chemicals. Carry out Safety audits to schedule.
- Ensure that all staff understand and observe company safety procedures.
- Carry out Supervisor standard work.
- Ensure that all operators achieve the required production and quality standards. Monitor operator efficiency / quality / attendance.
- Provide with the assistance of the training department on line training.
- Attend production meetings and provide a daily report to the Operations Manager and other relevant employees on efficiency and utilisation.
- Address quality issues, non-conforming material, etc., using the MRR, RCA, RTA and SCAR procedures.
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately and all transactions are performed correctly.
- Motivate employees and maintain good morale in the department.
- Engage with all employees on a daily basis and develop a strong team culture on the shift.
- Carry out operator performance reviews.
- Deliver employee briefings and provide feedback of same.
- Plan, organise and delegate work.
- Order equipment & consumables as required.
- Work on projects as requested.
- Promote an environment of compliance, continuous improvement, responsiveness to change and innovation within the Dept.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Leaving Certificate Standard or equivalent. (Relevant degree would be an advantage)
- Supervisory management qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity is essential
- Must be able to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department while at all times using excellent interpersonal skills and presenting a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
- Competent in the use of computers