Production Controller (Welding) - Plymouth
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for a Production Controller to take on permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To be the Reactor Zone Managers representative at Nuclear PAG's for all welding matters.
- To Co-ordinate Pipework and welding production activities associated with the all zones during Vanguard DMP(R).
- To co-ordinate the SSR survey package.
- Required to work on-board Submarines / confined spaces / Radiologically controlled areas.
- Authorise that the activities outlined above have been completed to the required standards and specifications.
- Agree work content and authorisation as the production representative at PAG meetings.
- Identify technical requirements of subcontracts.
- Schedule all production work within the constraints of the Level 2 programme.
- Decide Production programme in conjunction with the Zone Manager.
- Decide Production support requirements with Project Team Leaders to meet the area programme.
- Represent Zone Manager as required on al technical and programme interface activities.
The successful candidate will display the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Required to have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety processes associated with Pipework and welding activities.
- Required to have experience in managing sub-contractors and ensuring that the required quality standards and records are maintained.
- Experience of repair and overhaul of Pipework systems.
- Experience of the work breakout process.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Suitable for SC Clearance
What's on offer:
25 days annual leave
Competitive pension contribution
Share Save Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 930 9775