Product Support Engineer / Electrical Engineer
My client a leading Aviation company based in Cheltenham are urgently seeking an experience Product Support Engineer to join their team for a minimum of 12 months. This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
This is an exciting new role encompassing all engineering disciplines with exposure to various electronic systems, products and technologies.
Product Support Engineering teams provide through-life expertise and support for aviation products and components. They are the design authority and product focal for design changes, improvements and obsolescence resolution, and own and drive the design change process across a product range.
As a Product Support Engineer, you will provide hardware engineering support to a range of products throughout their lifecycle. You will work within a small team of up to eight engineers, resolving related engineering/design issues and executing the design change process. You will be expected to gain Design Authority for a number of the products you support.
- Technical ownership of a product range, including the creation and maintenance of product portfolios and technical documentation,,
- Ownership and generation of product health checks in support of tollgates and other business reviews,
- Developing solutions to technical problems, including design changes,
- Developing product knowledge in order to support design and process improvements
- Implementing customer specific change processes
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory regulations, standards and company processes
- Provide assistance to manufacturing support engineering team members with fault investigations
- Electrical Engineering and systems experience is essential!
- Qualification to HND level or above in an electronic/electrical discipline or equivalent experience,
- Proven experience in an engineering role, ideally, but not limited to aerospace,
- Proven ability to perform fault-finding tasks down to component level,
- Competent in reading engineering drawings and good understanding of configuration management
- Ability to deal and communicate with people at all levels
Please apply accordingly or call Nikita Shellard on 0117 9309 724 for immediate consideration.