Job Title: Product Support Engineer
Experience: 2+ Years
Hours: 37 hours
To provide technical support for Smart dual fuel solution, inclusive of third party technologies. This will involve liaising with the central smart metering infrastructure provider (DCC), customers and their third party suppliers. Working on critical contracts for the client you will be at the forefront of the UK's Smart Meter roll out.
The detailed functions are listed below:
* Providing customer support on metering and communications technology issues for individual products and end-to-end solutions
* Customer training on products and supporting software, both in customer locations and in Stafford,
* First line & second line technical support with customer for product and application queries and investigations
* Third line support for specific areas working with the Clients Solution Architect
* Working with 3rd parties to ensure technically sound solution, where appropriate
* Working with D&D department in co-ordination & end-to-end testing of solution
* Liaising on a technical level with external communication solutions and service providers
- Knowledge of low power radio communications networks and ability to rapidly learn new protocol specifications
- Good communicator able to represent the clients directly with systems partners
- Logical approach to testing.
- Ability to put yourself in the shoes of a system user. (Meter Installer, Back-Office Support work-er, Meter Test Engineer, Consumer, etc.)
- Experienced Test & Support Engineer.
- Existing ZigBee Radio & GPRS communications system integration experience
For more information on this Product Support Engineer position please contact Jay Solanki on 01179309762 or email me your CV