A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Specialist/Senior Buyer to work for a FTSE 100 global engineering organisation in Nottingham. This is a strategic position focusing on large contracts within civil engineering and power, as well as bid work and supplier relationship management.
As a Procurement Specialist your main responsibilities will be:
- Execution of sourcing plans and managing a multi-million subcontracting spend
- Supporting bids and contract negotiation
- Influencing high level stakeholders and supplier relationship management
- Category planning and NEC contract management
- Support the Category Managers
To be considered for this Procurement Specialist position you will have the following experience/skills:
- Strong background as a Buyer within the civil engineering/utilities/power industry
- Knowledge and experience of NEC contracts
- Ability to influence high level stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
You should be an experienced sourcing professional, commercially astute and able to work well in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a very large company that operate on many levels and in many locations throughout the UK and globally. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within procurement and excel their professional development.
A varied amount of travel is required for this position. Although not extensive, you will be required to travel to supplier sites depending on business needs.
Up to £40,000 + £4900 car allowance + flexible benefits
Procurement, Buyer, Sourcing Specialist, Purchasing, Purchaser, MCIPS, CIPS