Procurement Process & Systems Executive
Overall Job Purpose
- To maintain and improve all aspects of Commercial process's, systems and policy's
- To provide assistance to procurement team members with more complex procurements and aspects of supply chain management.
- To assist in the continuous improvement of the organisation's commercial capability, particularly through introducing and ensuring adherence to organisation-wide procurement governance processes and information management.
- Maintaining and standardising department procurement templates and documentation
- Understanding, embedding and improving the department policy and governance standards
- Developing and executing the performance indicators for the team.
- Understanding and driving utilisation of improved procurement tools and systems
- Taking responsibility for improved and value add record management
- Supporting procurement and supply chain solutions for purchases e.g. undertaking market place analysis, obtaining credit check analysis and obtaining supplier company information.
- Engaging effectively with customers, stakeholders and organisations involved in the supply chain, promoting beneficial relations, driving efficiency and cashable savings within the supply chain.
- Supporting procurement team colleagues with the delivery of complex procurements or supplier relationships (e.g. undertaking research, collecting and collating information and data, co-ordinating meetings, assisting in planning).
- Maintaining and developing procurement and supplier data bases and electronic filing systems and processes.
- Supporting and improving the 'requisition, procure and payment' process, in conjunction with the Finance Team.
- Being one of the team that deals with external enquires either through incoming calls and face to face enquiries.
- Two years' experience within an established procurement function.
- Ability to produce end to end procurement documentation, with support, to a consistently high standard.
- An understanding of qualitative/price weighting structures to deliver stakeholder objectives.
- Solid commercial acumen and strong appreciation of 'value for money'.
- Customer-focused service delivery skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Proficient with all standard MS Office applications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, to multi task and achieve under pressure.
- Appreciation of core facilities management activities and to help resolve issues arising outside of normal working hours as necessary.
- A desire to forge a career within procurement, including a willingness to undertake CIPS qualifications (at MAS expense).
- A strong work ethic