Procurement Manager (Indirect)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Manager (Indirect) to work within a large FTSE 100 organisation based in Portsmouth. The main job purpose will be to create and support the development of purchasing/category/supplier strategies within IT with a particular focus on hardware. This will involve working closely with key stakeholders within the IT department to determine business requirements and commercial strategies.
As an Procurement Manager (Indirect) responsibilities will include:
- Creation of new/refinement of existing sourcing strategies
- Formulate category specific procurement policies and lead implementation
- Manage all aspects of the IT sub category including both sourcing and supplier management activities
- Strategic supplier management
- Lead negotiation with suppliers on pricing and terms & conditions
- Managing the contracting process
To be considered for this Procurement Manager (Indirect) position you should have the following experience/skills:
- Strong background in IT procurement
- Previous experience in a strategically focused procurement role
- Strong negotiation skills
- SAP/Ariba experience (Desirable)
- CIPS qualification (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- The successful candidate must also be eligible for security clearance.
This is a great opportunity to work within a very large, successful, and growing organisation; offering avenues for progression, and exposure to an interesting and diverse industry, broadening your experience within IT procurement. They seek an ambitious and driven individual, keen to progress their career.
£40,000 - £50,000 + CIPS training & support + benefits
(Some flexible working may be offered)
Category Manager, Procurement Manager, Sourcing Manager, Sourcing Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Category Specialist, Buyer, MCIPS, CIPS