Procurement Manager (Engineered Products & Services)
Up to £60,000 + Car Allowance + Enhanced Benefits
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to work as part of a growing strategic procurement division of FSTE100 engineering and support services division. The role is permanent and can be based remotely close to any of the main business locations Bristol, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Leicester and Edinburgh.
The organisation are the UKs leading provider of engineering support solutions to the MoD and Armed Forces as well as being market specialist's within other industries such as construction, energy, marine technology, emergency services, network engineering and training. The Procurement Manager is accountable for executing, implementing and managing performance of Group-wide contracts in support of the overall category strategy covering c£200M of annual pan-Group spend in the engineering category (MRO, raw materials, build to print assemblies, engineering and subcontract services)
Responsibilities and scope of the role will include
- Category Management and input into the overall category strategy, including market perspectives, contractor performance and industry cost structures
- Take ownership of the strategy for major sub-category spend, including delivery of associated cost optimisation targets
- Supplier Management input on individual contract performance in order to inform category and executive level supplier engagement
- Take ownership of strategic supplier relationships for major sub-category spend.
- Capture specific business sourcing requirements
- Execute group-wide sourcing activity using current sourcing methodologies in order to put fit-for-purpose supply contracts in place
- Support major bid activity where there is a significant category requirement
- Establish and monitor an appropriate supplier KPI regime, and actively manages contract performance through timely contract governance in order to achieve business plans and objectives
- Engineering, Science, Supply Chain Management or other relevant degree.
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualifications preferred.
- Relevant experience in Sourcing & Procurement in any related engineering field, Manufacturing/Aerospace/Marine/Automotive etc.
- Previous experience of delivering successful sourcing projects in large and complex corporate environments.
- High quality communication ability, both written and orally
- High commercial and analytical skills, with a proven ability to use procurement to unlock value for the business
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and influencing skills
- Delivery focused with a pragmatic, hands-on-approach that enables strategies to be fully executed.
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, starting salary up to £60,000, car allowance c£6000, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours and ongoing career development opportunities.
Please apply online or call the recruitment team on 01179 309 734 / for an informal conversation.