Procurement & Supply Chain Lead
Up to £55,000 + Benefits
We are looking to recruit a Procurement & Supply Chain Lead to work as part of an established procurement team for a FTSE100 Engineering & Support Services organization based in Bristol.
The role is working as part of their Nuclear Energy division which is The UK's leading supplier of services to the nuclear industry at home and abroad. The organisation is involved in nuclear based projects from plant design and construction through to site operations, maintenance and decommissioning.
The Procurement & Supply Chain Lead will work with key stakeholders, and suppliers to drive both strategic value and operational excellence through all levels of the business. There will be a strong focus on delivering high performance both with a team and the supply chain. The Senior Procurement Specialist will develop and execute (Project) Procurement strategies that meet the business needs in terms of safety, cost, schedule and quality.
- Accountable for managing and leading a procurement team (3 Senior Buyers), driving performance to deliver tangible and recognised value.
- Leading the development and execution of (project) procurement strategies.
- Developing relationships (new & existing) with key stakeholders 4
- Accountable for the development of a robust supply chain that supports the delivery of business objectives.
- Enhance and utilise sourcing and tendering processes that meet project / programme deliverables.
- Develop and utilise supplier performance monitoring tools in order to enhance performance and drive value from the supply chain.
- Managing the tender process and the evaluation of all major service providers ensuring they are fairly, robustly and adequately evaluated both commercially and technically and any evaluation is documented and will stand up to scrutiny by third parties.
- Close liaison with Commercial, Quality Assurance, Projects and Corporate Services functions on all aspects of supply chain activities.
- Management of all commercial and contractual aspects relating to packages ensuring compliance with required corporate governance and approvals.
- Management of post contract commercial management of subcontracts
Qualifications & Requirements
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, with membership of CIPS or equivalent or significant practical experience
- Ability to work and lead cross functional teams and experience of stakeholder management as well as influencing skills will be essential.
- Detailed understanding of business requirements and ensures these are adequately provided for in the overall sourcing strategy
- Manage business stakeholders to meet milestones and deliverables.
- Management of multiple projects at any given time
- Experienced speaker with recognised presentation and facilitation skills.
- Includes provisions with supplier contracts to drive innovation and sets minimum expected targets
- A sound understanding of end to end sourcing and supplier management processes
- Experience with the NEC contracting model is essential
- A good understanding of cost models/business models particularly in relation to the NEC models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations and supplier costing models.
- Candidates will be expected to obtain SC clearance
- Travel (approx. 20%) will be a requirement
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE 100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, starting salary up to £55,000, performance related bonus scheme, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours and ongoing career development opportunities.