Principal Engineer - Hosting & Storage - Birmingham
Windows Servers 2003, 2008 & 2012, NetApp, SCOM, VMware, MS Azure, Active Directory, Cloud, Hosting, Storage & Shared Services Datacentre, Physical & Virtual Servers and MS Genealogy experience for varied and diverse clientele.
£40,000 to £53,000 + Car or Car Allowance (£5,000) + 10% Bonus + Benefits
Global organisation is seeking an experienced Principle Engineer to be their Technical Lead based at their Infrastructure HQ in Birmingham.
Reporting to the Head of Hosting & Storage as the Principal Engineer, you will provide a senior level of technical leadership (predominantly 3rd Line) and subject matter expertise within the Hosting & Storage Team.
You will be the Subject Matter Expert across all technical areas within the Hosting & Storage Team and shall act as Technical Design Authority to ensure solution compliance to Service and Technical standards.
This post will require you will need to be a "tenacious completer" that is also responsible for ensuring the engineering team are aligned and prioritised to meet live system deadlines and project timescales.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management and leadership of Hosting and Maintenance ensuring your team provides quality driven, high-level technical maintenance of the Cloud, Server, Hosting and Storage estate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Owning Operational Improvements Plans for the Hosting & Storage Support area, ensuring appropriate and successful implementation your key technical and functional responsibilities will involve:
- Windows Servers 2003, 2008 & 2012
- Hosting & Storage,
- VMware (VCP desirable)
- MS Active Directory, MS Azure
- Hosted Cloud Datacentres
- Support of Physical & Virtual Servers, Windows Servers 2003, 2008, 20012
- The support of project planning activities, defining the correct approach and activities for projects to reach their technical goals
- Support the planning of 3rd party contract reviews, renewals and terminations
- Define and assure the planning, scheduling and technical detail of Change Requests and
- routine maintenance activities for the team.
- Define, assure and manage the planning for Root Cause Analysis activities for the team.
- Be responsible for capacity planning and capacity management, proactively identifying required improvements and capacity constraints.
Technical Desirables & Qualifications:
- Ÿ MCSA, MCSE
- Ÿ VCP
- Ÿ MS Azure Certified
- Ÿ NetApp
This role requires proven people and man-management skills and in return the client will offer you a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.