Principal Network Engineer / Consultant
Networks & Shared Services - CCNP, CCDP, CCDA
Cisco LAN/WAN, Network Design, Projects, Implementations, Network Security, Firewalls, Cisco Voice & Telephony, Network Architecture, Technical Mentoring and Guidance
£45,000 to £52,000 + Car or Car Allowance (£4,000pa to £5,000pa) + 10% Bonus + Benefits
Global organisation is seeking an experienced Principle Engineer to be their Technical Lead based at their Infrastructure HQ in Birmingham.
Reporting to the Head of Network Services as a Principal Engineer / Network Consultant, you will provide a senior level of technical leadership (3rd & 4th Line) and subject matter expertise for the Network Services Team.
You will be the SME across all technical areas within the Networks and Shared Services environment and will coexist with the Technical Design and Architecture Team to ensure solutions compatibility and compliance to Service Agreements and Technical Standards.
This post will require you will need to be a "tenacious completer" that is also responsible for ensuring the engineering team are aligned and prioritised to meet live system deadlines and project timescales.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management and leadership of Network Services to ensure your team provides quality driven, high-level technical maintenance of the LAN and WAN Cisco Infrastructure as well peripheral Juniper, Mitel and/or Avaya systems.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Owning Operational Improvements Plans for the Networks and Shared Services area, ensuring appropriate and successful implementation your key technical and functional responsibilities will involve:
- Support and growth of the Cisco Network Infrastructure
- Network Design, Architecture and Planning
- Network Security, Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint
- Cisco Voice and desirable Telephony Systems i.e. Avaya and/or Mitel
- The support of project planning activities, defining the correct approach and activities for projects to reach their technical goals
- Support the planning of 3rd party contract reviews, renewals and terminations
- Define and assure the planning, scheduling and technical detail of Change Requests and
- routine maintenance activities for the team.
- Define, assure and manage the planning for Root Cause Analysis activities for the team.
- Be responsible for capacity planning and capacity management, proactively identifying required improvements and capacity constraints.
Technical Qualifications Desirable:
- Mitel or Avaya
This role requires proven people and man-management skills and in return the client will offer you a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.