Principal Orchestration Consultant - Bristol
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As our client continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join the organisation. Their formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
The Principal Orchestration Consultant is required to provide technical guidance and assistance through provision of complex technical consultation on current and proposed NSOIT(D) / OpNET capability TLSM support. Therefore, the candidate must have a strong background in Information Technology (ideally in the deployed military capability environment) and have a clear understanding of the challenges of implementation of Automation and Orchestration design and build and information security.
This role will be based at MoD Corsham.
Main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Experience and ability to support and deploy OpNET capability orchestration and automation design solutions.
- Working knowledge of Firmware, ESXi, vSphere - VMWare Virtualisation platform, VMware NSX, (Define those being used in NSOIT(D) / OpNET).
- Demonstrable ability for improving NSOIT(D) / OpNET technology, processes and systems through use of Orchestration and Automation tooling.
- Ability to apply software development methodologies and practices, including agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must as the role requires communication with Engineers of different disciplines and production of formal documentation.
- A strong understanding of IT automation and everything as code.
- Will be based at MOD Corsham.
- The Supplier shall provide a Level 4 Resolver Group Service during Standard Working Hours which means between 0800 and 1700 Monday to Friday (except public holidays) to support all incidents, problems, defect diagnostics and change on OpNET.
Our client are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return our client offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets