Principal Engineer - Plymouth
An FTSE 100 company is currently recruiting for two Principal Engineer to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The Principal Engineer's primary purpose is to provide the technical knowledge and expertise into the Warships Technical Services Team. This will primarily entail the provision of senior technical support to the Warships growth programme.
The posts will support development and running of the Technical Services Programme across Warships as well as providing support to overseeing implementation of the Warships IKM, Maintenance and Design technical programmes. The positions will also support transformation of engineering working practices to increase the effectiveness of our support to the Class Lead Engineers and Production teams for engineering support across Amphib, T23 and Sandown Classes. Improvements will focus on pulling through innovation to drive new ways of working to reduce support timescales, improve efficiencies and drive down support costs. The roles will build the necessary relationships with academia, wider industry other key technical internal and external partners to ensure the platforms are adequately supported through life and introduce novel and innovative ways of working.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
- Support the Warships Growth Programme Provide professional engineering support to the Warships Growth programme - Warships support and special projects (e.g. special equipment programmes)
- Develop the Capability Programme through enhanced Platform Engineering, Process and Technology pull through to reduce support cycle times, reduce costs and improve support techniques.
- Systems Engineering (SE) - Promote SE for all Warships projects and ensure teams undertake SE at Whole Ship Level
- Maintenance Policy - With the Class Lead Engineers develop new support policies to deliver improved operational support to all classes including QEC, GPLF, T26.
- Technical Reviews - As delegated against the complexity assessment provide the lead SQEP into Technical and engineering reviews of Bids, Projects.
- Conduct Technical Investigations as directed against the complexity matrix.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- Experienced in technical bid writing
- Experience with Engineering Capability Programmes
- Experience in a Maritime Engineering or Technical Environment, particularly in the surface ship support environment.
- Competency in verbal & written communications at Board level.
- Systems Engineering Experience
- Operating at Senior Manager level
- Preferably a degree and Professional registered engineer at CEng/IEng. Other relevant and suitable qualifications will be taken in to consideration
- Engineering discipline: Marine, Electrical/Mechanical/Naval Architecture, or as determined by the Head of Warships Platform Engineering/Warships Chief Engineer
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775