I am pleased to be working with a dynamic and fast-growing managed service provider who are currently looking for an experienced Presales Network Consultant to join their existing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for dealing with requests to design or upgrade both wired and wireless networks for both existing and new customers, responding in a timely manner to queries raised by the sales and customer management teams and working with the project management teams to ensure successful project delivery.
Regular travel throughout the UK is required, so either a company car or car allowance will be provided and it is likely that occasional travel outside these hours will be required.
For the right candidate, home working would be considered, with regular attendance at the office expected.
Key skills and experience required;
- Local area networking
- Indoor Wireless Access networking
- Outdoor wireless access networking
- Outdoor wireless point to point and point to multipoint bridging over short and long distances
- Previous experience of designing wired and wireless networks
- Ability to document these networks including network design and hardware inventory
- Experience in supporting sales initiatives to both new and existing customers, by working closely with the sales and customer management teams, including attending customer meetings and presentations
- Performing predictive and site wireless surveys
- Identifying and proposing new products that could become part of the product portfolio, such as hardware that could be required to develop new services or enter new market spaces
Experience of the following technologies would be beneficial:
- ADSL and VDSL
- Multicast IPTV
And experience of the following manufacturers' hardware would be beneficial:
- Hewlett Packard/3Com
This is an unbeatable opportunity to join a thriving business and work with a close-knit team, where you can be accountable for managing your time and develop your own unique career path.
If you have the skills and experience required, please reply with your most recent CV for immediate consideration.