Start Date: Immediate
Location: Milton Keynes
Duration: Initial 6 Months
Rate: £425 - £450 Per Day
My client is currently seeking an experienced enthusiastic PMO Manager with a strong financial management / governance background along with outstanding stakeholder management skills.
Reporting to the Business Portfolio Manager, you will lead the Portfolio Management Office team that defines and maintains standards for project management across the clients business and is responsible for the definition and centralised management of the change portfolio.
The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Manager holds key responsibility for:
- Formulating and facilitating the prioritisation of requests for change on behalf of the Board of Management (BoM), working with individual Directors and the BoM as a group.
- Definition of the change portfolio and development of the change delivery roadmap.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress at a portfolio level.
- Anticipating the future demand for change, capacity planning and management (people resources and budget).
- Embed knowledge of the Delivery Framework across the business, project and change delivery teams (across Business Transformation and IT) through the on-boarding of Project Managers, training and knowledge share.
- Server as an enforcer of the governance, controls and processes used to manage the delivery of change.
- Providing centralised services for Project Managers including, but not limited to: Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID) tracking and oversight; configuration management of project deliverables; review and validation of project financials; quality assurance and lessons learned.
- Lead and develop a small, specialist team of direct line reports through clear direction and focus to deliver an effective and efficient PMO by maximising the use of their skills.
- Create a robust mechanism to coordinate information and performance monitoring of the delivery of requests for change through excellent stakeholder management, including status reporting, risk and issue analysis and cost control analysis/forecast review.
- Regularly provide the Business Portfolio Manager with high quality, change portfolio status reports, assisting with the assimilation of new business opportunities and risk mitigation activity where appropriate.
- Understand, anticipate and influence the demand for change from the client's UK business and other customers who consume the services provided by Business Transformation and IT and own the relationships for project implementation.
- Supports the wider business, the Strategy Office, Business Transformation and IT management to turn strategic objectives and measures into requests for change that subsequently become projects, small changes or other change initiatives.
- Develop close relationships with client's HQ to identify and manage where change delivery overlaps
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on the use of leading practice project management tools and techniques.
- Ownership for the system configuration and reporting integrity of project management tool development.
- Undertaking periodic scenario modelling exercises for the BoM, to produce options for cost control and/or change delivery timescales.
- Ensure that the system of identifying and prioritising small scale change is fully understood and efficiently executed.
- Implementation of controls and processes to provide quality assurance for all programmes, projects and Business Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the quality control and procedural requirements for best practice in quality and stage gate reviews and perform project health checks.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are updated as required and that business areas are actively encouraged to do the same as part of implementation planning.
- Provide guidance and templates for Project Managers in the production of business cases for approval in relation to change initiatives.
- Financial management of the business change portfolio, including planning, reporting, contingency management, budgeting and cost centre management.
- Provision of centralised support for Project Managers including, but not limited to: Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID) tracking and oversight; configuration management of project deliverables; review and validation of project financials and monitoring timesheet quality.
- Responsible for purchasing management across the Business Transformation function in line with Procurement Policies including, but not limited to, requisitioning paperwork, framework management and the goods receipting process.
- Manage workforce planning and resource coordination across the Business Transformation function.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of Portfolio Management and PMO roles.
- Understanding of project and change methodologies and their application within a financial services environment.
- Qualification in PRINCE2 to at least Practitioner, or other structured project management methodology/framework.
- Graduate calibre educational background with proven PMO experience at a portfolio level.
- Organised and self-managing, with the ability to anticipate and understand the interdependencies between different functional areas.
- Proven ability to brief and manage third party suppliers.
- A proactive approach with the ability to react appropriately and effectively to changing circumstances and demands.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people by providing direction, support, guidance and coaching.
- Take a lead role in recruitment as required and support the Business Portfolio Manager with the selection of strong and competent new team members.
- Conduct regular one-to-one discussions and performance reviews with all direct reports.
- Responsible for setting team members' business and personal objectives and ensuring they are aligned to the overall team objectives set by the Business Portfolio Manager.
- Assist the Business Portfolio Manager in the development, maintenance and implementation of a training and development plan to strengthen and build upon the core and technical competencies of the PMO team.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- A tenacious approach with focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered.
- Ability to communicate with integrity at all levels up to, and including, Director level.
- High level of motivation, flexibility, drive and personal commitment & willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Previous experience in Financial Services, Automotive Finance or retail consumer finance (B2C).
- Previous experience of working as a Programme or Project Manager.
- Verbal and written German language skills are advantageous.