PLC Statutory Accountant (PLC, ACA, ACCA)
PLC Statutory Accountant (PLC, ACA, ACCA) required to join a reputable IT services company based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. This is a contract position with an initial duration of 3 months and a daily circa of £300 - £328 pay per day. This opportunity will be focusing on supporting the company's year end account. The ideal candidate will have strong PLC stat skills and be familiar with operating within a Statutory environment.
Our client - provides a range of IT services and software to schools and colleges including technology and hardware support for school networks, connectivity, management information systems, broadband, online safety, networks teaching and learning.
Our client - provides IT software and services to enable onscreen marking and testing to government ministries, exam boards and professional bodies.
The company resources provides education resources to schools mainly through direct marketing.
Our client seeks an interim finance professional with substantial experience of statutory reporting at listed company level to undertake the following on a three month interim contract basis starting mid December 2016:
- Prepare statutory financial statements for the company's plc's two main subsidiaries, under IFRS. Additionally, there are three small company financial statements to be prepared, two of which are dormant.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager in preparing group statutory financial statements for the listed parent company under IFRS.
- As part of the above, prepare the mapping files used to populate the underlying financial statements from source documentation including management accounts and subsidiary returns.
- Liaise with external auditors on statutory disclosure issues.
- Liaise with the Tax Accountant to prepare the relevant disclosures.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with the co-ordination and publication of the listed group financial statements with external publishers.
- Prepare trends analysis and other ad hoc work for investor presentation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- an accounting qualification (preferably ACA/ACCA)
- relevant exposure to Statutory reporting for listed entities.
- ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales
- experience of IFRS
- ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- good attention to detail, ability to provide a good audit trail and ability to check work of self and others
- flexibility and strong ability to work in a team
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance and for more information contact; James Brown - 0161 924 1425