Platform and Continuing Airworthiness Team Leaders
Permanent - c. £50,000 - £55,000 + Full benefits package including - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, health care scheme, childcare vouchers and other leisure discounts
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global leading Defence Technology & Security Organisation.
This role will carry out the duties as the Team Leader for a team undertaking airworthiness activities associated with Type and Part M Airworthiness for the Fleet Air Systems and allotted aircraft.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying the impact on differing aircraft usage, maintenance policy (statement and review), Technical Instruction / Bulletin review.
- Leading a capable Platform and Continuing Airworthiness team
- Maintain airworthiness and integrity of the Fleet
- Maintain and develop the team's capability through training and development
- Management of Airworthiness processes, methods and tools
- Provide air support for both Rotary or Fixed wing aircraft
- PIWG Prep and Co-ordination
- AAA activity and Report Delivery
- Aircraft CAMO management of rotary and fixed wing military and civil systems
- MARC Team Management
- Management of the interfaces with internal and external Customers and Suppliers
- Representing the business at a range of external Industry, Project Team, CAMO and Design Organisation Airworthiness related meetings
Key Skills and Knowledge
The right candidate should possess a sound and up-to date knowledge with working experience of Rotary/Fixed, Civil/Military Aircraft Types on the Military and Civil Register and maintenance policy requirements, across fixed and rotary wing, including:
- UK Defence methodologies and approaches
- Military Aircraft Airworthiness Standards, Systems and Processes including MRP Part M and MRP Part 145
- EASA Pt M and EASA Pt 145 Regulations
- Aircraft Design Standards, Systems and Processes including DAOS
- Defence Safety Management Systems
- Quality Management processes
The right person for this role will be flexible with their working hours ensuring all deadlines are met and setting a strong example for the team. Have the ability to manage and influence effectively both across the business and with external customers applying company values at all times.
- Hold Chartered Engineer status
- A Degree/HND/HNC in Aeronautical Engineering
- Military/Civil aircraft regulatory knowledge and experience
- Airworthiness/Safety Courses
- Completed a selection of Airworthiness or Safety courses
You will need to have held MOD SC clearance previously and be eligible to gain it again
How to apply
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place on an ad-hoc basis but if you're interested please don't hesitate as we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information give me (Jenny) a call on 01179 309 759 or email
If you don't have an updated CV that's no problem - just give me a call to discuss.