Planning/Project Engineer (Environmental Trials Support)
PERMANENT, FULL TIME, UP TO £28K, SOUTHEND-ON-SEA
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planning/Project Engineer to join a global Defence Security & Technology organisation within their Specialist Engineering division. The Trials Management team within the Environmental Test Centre are looking for someone with a strong engineering background to join them and support the trials of weapons and munitions.
- Ensure that all trials are progressed in accordance with the project plan and contract milestones.
- Maintain the trials project plan to reflect any changes in sequence and identify current status, e.g. completed work.
- Create and maintain the trial folder by preparing and filing documentation. Ensure availability of the following prior to trial start: Risk assessments, Certificates of Technical Competence for customers, Range Safety Certificates, Trial instructions
- Work with the customer to ensure a Trial Safety Brief is compiled and briefed to all staff involved in the trial.
- Notify central magazines of expected deliveries and ensure removal/disposal of test items post trial (raise despatch paperwork).
- Manage the customer's representatives during technical and inspection visits, book in and escort as necessary. Ensure inspection facilities are prepared for inspections and cleared afterwards. Provide support for the inspection activities.
- Liaise with the customer's representative to resolve technical issues and ensure that the Project Manager is made aware of any changes to the technical/contractual requirements.
- Collate all deviations for trials and ensure all concessions are approved.
- Produce the test house certificate or test house report as required by the contracts.
- Manage all customer furnished equipment for allocated trials, ensuring that it is booked onto the asset management database and subsequently returned to the customer at the end of the trial.
- Undertake process improvement activities across the Planning office to reduce waste.
- HND-HNC Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- T literate
- Methodical approach and able to demonstrate ability to coordinate and plan
- Communication skills and experience in stakeholder management
- Safety awareness
- Full Driving License and preferably own car
- Background in within the Defence environment
- Understanding of environmental testing/trials
- Experience of explosives and munitions
The successful candidate will be put through Ministry of Defence security clearance (at SC level). This can take up to 3 months to complete.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview!