Performance Tester - NFT, Non functional testing, HP performance test tools, SOA
Our client is going from strength to strength, both in technical innovation and business success, so we currently have multiple opportunities for 3 solid Performance Tester's.
The duration of the contract is for an initial 3 months, located over in Livingston.
- This is not just another vanilla performance testing role of record/playback and 90% response times.
- You actively influence architecture and design of the client's entire customer platform
- You continually drive projects, some agile, some waterfall and others somewhere in the middle.
- You become comfortable working in the nuts of bolts of many industry leading technologies
- You proactively contribute to the evolution of performance engineering - continuous integration and delivery, cloud, fully automated environment solutions
- You help own, support and enhance our £10m performance testing environments, and the multi-million pound HP tool solutions driving them
- You are key to determining what is good enough for 21 million customers to rely on across Europe
- To perform a performance engineering role as part of the Platform Performance Engineering team, responsible for timely delivery of professional testing on our client's customer management platform.
- To architect, design, deliver non-functional test solutions, following the defined standards and processes.
- To proactively design innovative CRM test solutions and support ongoing team initiatives to completion, through strong team working and demonstrating technical expertise for the benefit of the Platform Performance Engineering team.
- Take ownership from design to delivery of the performance test engagement, meeting release commitments and technical test requirements.
- Where relevant promote best practice in architecture, processes and solutions.
- Full lifecycle exposure and understanding
- Java/J2EE programming experience
- Practical experience of the application of testing disciplines
- Significant experience of current HP performance test tool set including monitoring techniques (PC/LoadRunner, Sitescope, Diagnostics, Openview, etc)
- Understanding through experience of CRM architectures and principles
- Performance testing of enterprise scale SOA interfaced systems
- Work under the Technical Test Team Leader/Manager delivering non-functional test solutions that meet defined objectives, schedule, standards, cost targets and reflect the technical test strategy
- Take ownership of the non-functional test solution from project initiation to final acceptance, with responsibility for each NFT milestone within the cycle.
- When required, lead and coordinate a small team of other technical test resources where dictated by delivery demands/requirements.
- Demonstrate through results, an aptitude for supporting and delivering multiple activities in parallel while maintaining schedule, responding effectively to project and program changes in priority
- Provide professional project planning, estimation, non-functional test approaches, Technical Test solution quality, issue/risk management and results/analysis in keeping with department standards
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving expertise and root cause analysis.
- Provide technical expertise on NFT test solutions crucial to performance test, including innovation, development, maintenance and support of current solutions and Customer Management system architecture
- Provide weekly summary reporting of progress metrics to the Technical Test Team Leader/Manager, highlighting achievements, issues and targets.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.