Packaging Reliability Engineer
Packaging Reliability Engineer required to join a leading biotech company in Waterford to provide operational support to packaging equipment and systems associated with bottle, sachet and vial packaging. The equipment includes tablet filling and capping, weighing, vial/bottle label application, cartoning, palletising, coding and vision systems.
- Lead and implement CAPEX projects related to equipment lifecycle management, vendor upgrades, process engineering and maintenance improvements and cycle time reduction.
- Be the packaging SME when liaising with the projects group to deliver fully functional projects that integrate flawlessly into the packaging process.
- Develop change plans, qualification documents and project plans to support the introduction of the qualification program across a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Identify improvement opportunities principally on the packaging processes (filling, capping, label application, vision inspection, label coding and box forming) on site and implement such that they better enable the company meet its goals and objectives.
- Develop process expert knowledge in the packaging process to support fault finding & problem solving on the equipment with a view to maximizing the OEE of the packaging process.
- Provide technical support and problem solving techniques for production, process and maintenance problems.
- Work with quality and operations personnel to ensure GMP compliance.
- Solve problems related to equipment breakdown/reliability using RFT techniques to eliminate repeat failures.
- Continuously optimise maintenance practices to maximise equipment reliability and minimize asset breakdowns.
- Participation in implementing and maintaining a TPM maintenance program across all packaging lines.
- Develop & roll out training modules/program to ensure knowledge transfer for new equipment/upgrades.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Provide support when fault-finding packaging equipment.
- Engineering degree in manufacturing, process, mechanical or electrical engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5 years engineering experience in process engineering, maintenance, or project work in pharmaceutical or process industry within an FDA / HPRA approved environment.
- Packaging experience is an advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good Analytical Skill and Problem Solving.
- Proven team work and leadership skills, with strong communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead/provide input into technical investigations.
- Technical knowledge of packaging equipment in pharmaceutical plants.
- Good communication skills at organisation, team and individual levels.
- Highly motivated and self-resilient.
- Energetic in the pursuit of improved processes and ultimately improved performance.
For more info on this role contact Paul on 01 6455250 or email