Inventory and Cost Management Lead
Introduction to the Financial Management Shared Services Project
The Irish Government has recently decided to proceed with the implementation of a Financial Management Shared Service Centre (FMSSC) for the Civil Service. The new FMSSC, which will be a single FMS which will consolidate all 31 existing systems (ranging from Tier 1 to Tier 3/4) into a single FMS hosted in Dublin Government data centre sites.
The FMSSC project now requires an Inventory & Costing Functional Lead with proven experience of leading in the implementation activities of large scale Oracle financials EBS system implementation. The successful Lead will be focused on working with the PSBs and a team of specialists (functional consultants and developers) in leading the Functional understanding and implementation of Oracle Inventory, Oracle Cost Management modules and also functional design of business-critical Configuration, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms & Work flows related activities of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Inventory & Cost Management Functional Lead will be a self-starter who is able to work in both a team and individual capacity and must possess strong client facing skills and stakeholder management skills, working in a methodical way whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines. Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Developing with PSBs and external advisers 'to-be' standardised finance processes for the FMSSC and its client PSBs using industry and existing Irish Civil Service best in class standards
- Analysing the management information and reporting requirements of the in-scope bodies and supporting the development of an appropriate Business Intelligence / Management Information strategy that will address these requirements
- Supporting the deliverables as required of the other process design teams, working in partnership with their Business Process leads and with the Business Process Architect.
- Articulating the requirements to the Business Process Architect and to the System Implementation Partner, participating in any Conference Room Pilot and / or other design process for the common footprint solution that supports standardised finance processes across PSBs and the FMSSC
- Developing process scenarios based upon process maps to confirm Inventory requirements against the selected system throughout Design and Build Phases
- Supporting the Business Process Architect and the System Implementation Partner during the build process (both configurations and developments) so ensuring that appropriate knowledge transfer is taking place from / to the Project team in order to facilitate and understand the final built solution
- Full engagement with the System Implementation Partner on the design, build and testing for the common footprint design and standardised finance processes
- Developing of test scripts and carrying out functional (modifications), product (modules / functions) and integrated systems (end-to-end process) testing to enable sign-off of the built solution for UAT
- Providing appropriate support for both the Technical work stream for ICT infrastructure and performance readiness testing
- Providing hands-on support for the Deployment work stream for the roll-out of the built solution including support and participation in UAT, data migration to Production, training of end users, change readiness preparations and post go-live support
- Business Process advice and support to the Project change control and quality assurance process with specific responsibility for quality assurance sign-off on the agreed Project Business Process deliverable.
- Skills, Experience & Knowledge of Candidate
The Inventory & Cost Management Functional Lead will have the following skills:
- A minimum of 10 year's experience of Oracle EBS functional, governance, modelling, Oracle ebs implementation best practices working with senior management levels. At least 2 implementation life cycle experience.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle ebs Functional modules; Inventory, Cost Management, Purchasing, Order Management, General Ledger
- Understanding of Oracle Inventory & Cost Management Technical Architecture.
- a degree in information systems or computer science
- Strong Experience & Familiarity with Oracle r12.
- Excellent understanding of Oracle Applications Implementation Methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client relationship management skills
- Experience in risk and issue management displaying strong problem analysis and issue resolution skills
- Skilled in project management and stakeholder management in relation to implementing Technical build and interoperability solutions for clients
- Experience in knowledge transfer responsibilities
Candidates will be selected for interview based on demonstrable evidence of fulfilling the required elements above and strong track record in successful Data migration implementation and project management.