Our client, a leading Utilities organisation, is looking for an Oracle Developer with strong PL/SQL experience to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Nottingham running for an initial 3 months.
To design, build and test software applications and associated technical documentation to support business requirements.
- Technical Analysis and the production of Technical specifications
- Coding and testing of software applications to support business requirements
- Ensure technical solutions are consistent with the IS strategy and comply with the relevant IS standards policies
- Manage handover of development projects into a live support environment
- Prepare and execute unit test plans and document results
- Investigate and resolve reported program bugs
Key Skill Requirements:
- Extensive experience of the design, development and unit testing of complex large scale & multi-user applications
- Extensive experience of application development using the following tools on Oracle 10g/11g platforms within a commercial environment
- PL/SQL is essential
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Extensive exposure of performance tuning techniques gained in a complex, multiple user environment
- Strong educational background, preferably to degree level
- Strong Technical Analysis skills and experience in writing Technical Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencing skills both with peers and the user community
- Extensive experience of working with key users in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software that meets company standards and business need
- Experience of discussing and capturing requirements with business analysts and the user community
- Desire and tenacity required to ensure that application development is carried out to the highest standard and meets demanding customer needs
- Extensive experience of working with application support functions to ensure a smooth and efficient handover of development work into a live support environment
- Monitoring and research of emerging technologies within interest to the department
- Experience of the full development lifecycle
- Carry out formal reviews of program code and other deliverables
- Experience of the Utilities industry
- Experience of large CRM systems
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.