Our client, a leading Utilities organisation, is looking for an Oracle Developer to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Nottingham for an initial 3 months.
The role will be to design, build and test software applications and associated technical documentation to support the business requirements.
- Technical Analysis and the production of Technical specifications
- Coding and testing of software applications to support business requirements
- Ensure technical solutions are consistent with the IS strategy and comply with the relevant IS standards policies
- Manage handover of development projects into a live support environment
- Prepare and execute unit test plans and document results
- Investigate and resolve reported program bugs
- Extensive experience of the design, development and unit testing of complex large scale & multi-user applications
- Extensive experience of application development using the following tools on Oracle 10g/11g platforms within a commercial environment
- Solid XML experience
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Problem Solving
- Extensive exposure of performance tuning techniques gained in a complex, multiple user environment
- Strong Technical Analysis skills and experience in writing Technical Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencing skills both with peers and the user community
- Extensive experience of working with key users in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software that meets company standards and business need
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.