Do you want to be an integral part of one of the UK's leading Engineering Training organisations for the Royal Navy? If so, read on!
An exciting new opportunity for an Operational Safety Specialist has arisen in the Royal Navy's principle engineering training facility in Fareham. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring HSE compliance within the Sea Training Business Unit and promoting a robust H&S culture.
Primary responsibility will be liaising with senior management to ensure processes and safe practices are followed and successfully executed.
Candidate duties will include (but are not limited to):
* Identifying areas where HSE practice can be improved
* Engage directly with staff at all levels of the business and monitor and improve safety practice within the operational teams
* Manage the Near Miss and incident investigation and reporting process with the support of Line Managers where required and conduct trend analysis to establish patterns
* Undertake incident and near miss investigations
* Provide proactive professional advice to Senior Management Team
* Arrange and chair the Operational Safety committee (OSC) and follow up on actions from the meeting
* Conduct safety audits of site locations
* Develop HSE improvement plans with operational managers
* Further develop the HSE training programme for all employees
* Update and contribute to internal and external reports, both regular and ad-hoc
Qualifications & Requirements
* Minimum of NEBOSH Certificate plus experience in a relevant discipline plus - Essential
* A recognised relevant professional qualification i.e. CMIOSH/IEMA - Desirable
* At least 3 years' experience of working in a H&S Environment - Desirable
* Knowledge of current legislation and its application combined with sound knowledge of industry best practice methods within the built environment - Essential
* An understanding of risk management principles - Essential
* Demonstrable knowledge of HSE & Fire management systems - Essential
* Lead Auditor qualification - Desirable
* Holds a valid UK driving licence - Essential
* Ability to work exceptionally well with others and engage with multiple, complex stakeholder groups
* Flexible - is willing to undertake a range of tasks for the effective delivery of operational safety of the Sea Business Unit. Is willing to work the hours required for the successful completion of tasks. Be willing to travel and work away from home on a temporary basis.
What's on offer?
* Excellent Training and Lifestyle
* Base salary of £30,000 - £35,000 plus essential car user allowance
* A range of flexible benefits
* Free On-Site Parking
* Subsidised Gym Membership and use of recreational facilities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance and DBS prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727