Do you want to be an integral part of one of the UK's leading Engineering Training organisations for the Royal Navy? If so, read on!
An exciting new opportunity for an Operational Safety Specialist has arisen in the Royal Navy's principle engineering training facility in Fareham. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring HSE compliance within the Sea Training Business Unit and promoting a robust H&S culture.
Identifying areas where HSE practice can be improved, formulating a plan and executing it successfully. The role will be required to engage directly with staff at all levels of the business and will spend a significant portion of time helping to monitor and improve safety practice within the operational teams
Candidate duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the Near Miss and incident investigation and reporting process with the support of Line Managers
- Undertake incident and near miss investigations and provide feedback
- Provide proactive professional advice to Senior Management Team
- Be aware of the significant HSE and Sea business risks, further develop the business risk profile and implement processes and procedures for mitigation.
- Arrange and chair the Sea Operational Safety committee (OSC)
- Conduct safety audits of site locations
- Develop HSE improvement plans with operational managers
- Implement HSE objectives, targets and key performance indicators which meet the requirements of both the Sea Business and its clients
- Develop meaningful statistics to help the Sea Business identify trends and implement control measures.
- Provide professional advice and support on DSE assessments and support in obtaining suitable workstation equipment and furniture
- Ensure ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards are adhered to and support audits
- Organise training courses to support D&S mandated training requirements
- Update and contribute to internal and external reports, both regular and ad-hoc
- Complete monthly returns for person-hours worked for Accident statistics reporting
- Conducts risk assessments at delivery sites and follow-up findings with relevant management
- Organise Senior Management Health, Safety & Security tours and follow up on findings
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of NEBOSH Diploma plus experience in a relevant discipline plus - Essential
- A recognised relevant professional qualification i.e. CMIOSH/IEMA - Desirable
- At least 3 years' experience of working in a H&S Environment - Desirable
- Knowledge of current legislation and its application combined with sound knowledge of industry best practice methods within the built environment - Essential
- An understanding of risk management principles - Essential
- Demonstrable knowledge of HSE & Fire management systems - Essential
- Lead Auditor qualification - Desirable
- Holds a valid UK driving licence - Essential
- Ability to work exceptionally well with others and engage with multiple, complex stakeholder groups
- Flexible - is willing to undertake a range of tasks for the effective delivery of operational safety of the Sea Business Unit. Is willing to work the hours required for the successful completion of tasks. Be willing to travel and work away from home on a temporary basis.
What's on offer?
* Excellent Training and Lifestyle
* Base salary of £34,000 - £40,000
* A range of flexible benefits
* Free On-Site Parking
* Subsidised Gym Membership and use of recreational facilities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance and DBS prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727