Network Monitoring Specialist - Telford - 6 month contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Network Monitoring engineer to be responsible for the following:
- Implementation & configuration of solutions that will monitor the physical health, availability and end-to-end performance of network infrastructure and the overlying applications.
- Analysis and on-going development of the network management tools to provide clear business and efficiency benefits Development of detailed visualisations of topologies, performance and health data to aid network operations and the wider estate in the support of applications and infrastructure.
- Provision of documentation to ensure deliverables are embedded within "business as usual" processes Contribution to the direction of projects with thoughts and ideas. Demonstrate technical leadership and direction within the team promoting innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provision of Subject Matter Expert level support to internal teams.
- Escalation point to Operations for expert use of monitoring tools and analysis of data, to aid in the resolution of incidents and problems.
- Experienced in the use of industry standard enterprise level Network Management, Monitoring and troubleshooting toolsets inc. protocol analysers.
- Strong working knowledge of end-to-end and real-time user experience monitoring toolsets Network traffic analysis and understanding of multi-tiered application behaviours.
- Strong networking technologies working knowledge gained through an operational support and implementation background.
- Good understanding of ITILv3 and related processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Specific experience of BMC BPPM, Entuity Eye, HP OpenView, HP BAC, SolarWinds and OPNET technologies. Knowledge of virtualisation, database, middleware and web technologies. ITILv3 Certification
Please email your CV in the first instance - suitable candidates will then be contacted with further information.