Our client, a large insurance organisation has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network engineer to join their team based in Croydon for an initial 12 month contract
- Responsible for assisting in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems (including wireless and VoIP) of moderate complexity.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, routing and switching, network security (firewalls, VPN), transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and interface applications.
Monitors protocol compatibility, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience and extensive IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and/or software), design, planning and implementation.
- Gone through full dev. cycle of significant change program.
- Relevant certification (e.g. CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCIE, ITIL), preferred.