Rare opportunity to support a Media and Broadcasting giant in an exciting and critical role - this short term contract will see you supporting and managing all network (IP/VLAN) allocations across our client's estate.
Location: Osterley, West London
Duration: 4 weeks initially - potential for extension
Responsbilities & You:
- The role will cover the day to day maintenance of switches and capacity as well as allocations / configurations / descriptions of switchports and contribution to new network designs, both for DCs and projects across the business.
- The role involves assigning IP addressing and subnets / VLANs across all estates ensuring to update relevant documentation and IPAM solution whilst liaising with other internal networking departments.
- The role requires demonstrable experience in LAN Support and Builds as well as an understanding of Cisco Networking elements. The role involves extensive attention to detail and the successful candidate is expected to demonstrate these skills.
- The LAN Engineer (Networks), as part of a small team, will assist the Team Leader in his/her effort to drive efficiency, monitoring and capacity management efforts as well as ensure the most effective use of network resources is enabled.
Essential Skills & Experience:
An experienced operations professional, you will be comfortable in working in fast-paced and complex environments. With extensive and demonstrable experience in networking and LAN support you will be well versed in working within business critical environments, where time management will be key performance and availability are ingrained along with customer experience in everything we do. A good grasp of Broadcast and IT delivery chains is required.
- Cable types, terminations and standards including fibre, coax, UTP and multicore - contract works closely with the engineers so would need to understand.
- Swing-frame, rack, enclosure and cage containment systems
- Networking concepts (including ability to configure in Cisco CatOS / IOS / NexOS) - CCNA QUALIFIED
- Experience in Infoblox (or an equivalent IP Address Management system (IPAM)) - Need to understand this to hit the ground running.
- CMDB and Asset Register, stock and consumable management
- Data relocation and migration experience
Does this sound like you? Please apply for get in touch with me directly! - 0161 924 1369