SC Cleared Network Design and Implementation Engineer
There is an immediate requirement for an experienced Network Design and Implementation Engineer with experience gained working in a secure network environment. Due to the project requirements candidates must have SC Clearance. The candidate must have a proven knowledge of Network Design principles and undertaking implementation activities within a large scale environment. You will work closely with project teams on a variety of projects, some of them concurrent, taking information from initial customer proposals and or specifications and turning that into completed design documentation. The opportunity to work on significant projects with this customer will provide the successful candidate substantial growth and development opportunities.
Candidates will be CCIE certified and have taken the practical examination,
The responsibilities of a Network Design and Implementation engineer are to work with project teams, take information from customer and or project specifications and turn that into a completed design definition which meets the agreed specification, with due consideration to factors such as security and operational support. You will then be expected to turn those designs into detailed implementation plans, and to implement those plans.
You will be expected to deliver to challenging timescales, and demonstrate flexibility and sound design principles which allow us to meet the requirements of project and service stakeholders.
You will be expected to attend project review meetings and represent the Network Services organisation, so team working, strong communication capability and ability to support the wider organisational goals of Network Services will be key personal characteristics.
There will be opportunities to shape the way Network Services moves forward using your wealth of Network experience and by sharing your best-practice design methods you will help update and improve our ways of working. This includes enabling projects to migrate legacy systems to cloud based solutions. Sharing your knowledge and mentoring other engineers is a vital part of the role as we seek to expand the capabilities and skill-sets of the team.
· Good working knowledge of all Cisco hardware; switches, routers and load-balancers.
· Good working knowledge of Aruba switches.
· Routing Protocols, particularly BGP and OSPF.
· Experience working on large scale networks and complex Data Centre environments.
· An excellent working knowledge of firewalls, particularly Fortinet, Checkpoint, Sidewinder, and Cisco ASA.
· Bluecoat WAN Optimiser.
· Experience of Voice and/or PSN technologies preferred but not essential.
· Detailed understanding and experience in design, implementation and troubleshooting of an enterprise wide cloud solution. (AWS, Azure, Oracle).
· Experience of migrating legacy systems into cloud based solution.
· You will be highly motivated, self-starter and able to manage your agreed programme of work with little day to day detailed direction.
· Ability to absorb levels of detailed technical information and turn that into a clear Network Design proposals, which you will be able to implement.
· Ability to work to the finest level of detail.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will be able to work to highly professional standards.
· Ability to work with third-party suppliers.
· Ability to deliver under significant pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
· Ability to adapt to a changing workload profile and demonstrate full flexibility of your approach.
· Focussed on delivering the highest quality to our customer.
Interested candidates should contact / 0161 924 3651