Network & Security Solutions Designer
£400 - £450 per day
This vacancy has now expired.
We are seeking an experienced Network & Security Solutions Designer to join the IT department of a large dynamic organisation. The successful candidate will play a key role in the Network & Security team responsible for design, implementation and 3rd line support of the Networking & Security projects.
The successful candidate working within the PMO framework will own the high level design and delivery process for the projects they are leading including product selection where appropriate. They will be expected to work with and technically manage nominated 3rd party companies to ensure that implementations are delivered in line with their design and the Laing O'Rourke architectural Blueprints.
They will also maintain an up-to-date understanding of the main technology base for which they are responsible, and a general understanding of the other technology areas which together form the overall technical direction of Laing O'Rourke.
The successful candidate will also work with designers and infrastructure specialists in other disciplines to produce systems which are appropriately specified to meet business demand.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in this type of role preferably in an end user environment. They will be able to demonstrate a key understanding of network, telephony, video/AV and security technologies including a good working knowledge of ISO 27000. Ideally they will be CCNA or CCNP and CISSP certified or hold equivalent qualifications from other vendors.
About the role:
* Deliver core network changes, including design, configuration and upgrades in conjunction with 3rd party service providers
* Work with designers and infrastructure specialists in other disciplines to deliver solutions to meet business demand
* Provide detailed designs for network revisions or prospective requests for new network infrastructure.
* Create configuration and policy changes for the firewall infrastructure
* Identify and resolve security issues according to procedural documentation
* Create or update documentation including security diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure the organisation is addressing the current threat landscape.
* Provide guidance to the support teams to assist in resolution of complex network and system solution incidents
* Review security and network configurations with implementation teams to ensure successful implementation of services into production
* Review and Update documentation and procedures for LAN/WAN/Security infrastructure research with knowledge of Cisco, Riverbed WAN acceleration, LAN/WAN infrastructure and Mitel Telephony for a challenging IT role. You will also have current knowledge of security standards, how to deliver and embed them into a large organisation.
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of network and security infrastructure solutions in a large multinational end user company
- Proven experience of 3rd line support across a wide range of network and security devices
- Proven experience of general security techniques allied to driving conformance with ISO 27000 is essential
- Experience of working with 3rd party IT suppliers to deliver solutions in line with agreed designs and Blueprints
- Experience of performing a mentoring and QA role in your core disciplines
- Experience in a client facing role
- Experience of multi vendor environments Skills:
- Experience of networking techniques including MPLS, QOS, COS, IPSEC, 802.1, 802.2, 802.1x and 802.11 are essential
- Experience of telephony techniques including G711, G729a and TDM (DPNSS & QSIG) * Experience of the Checkpoint configuration and policy creation
- Experience of Mitel IP telephony configuration
- Knowledge of virtual server environments (VM Ware)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS
- Knowledge of Server Load-balancer configurations * Knowledge of Common web server applications (IIS, .net, Tomcat, etc)
- Knowledge of DNS/DHCP/NTP/SNMP Technology - A high degree of knowledge will be required in a number of the following areas:
- Cisco routing and switching
- Cisco wired and wireless LAN
- Cisco IP telephony
- Cisco Telepresence
- HP switching
- Checkpoint firewalls
- Mitel IP telephony
- Riverbed optimisation