Named one of the UK's Top Employers of 2016 we are seeking a National Sales Manager to focus on General Medicines (GEM). This is an excellent opportunity to join a global Healthcare Company which is number one in its market. This role is leading the strategy on one of the biggest brands in our portfolio and we offer excellent opportunities for progression both locally and globally.
You will be responsible for contributing to the sales performance and profitability of the GEM portfolio - in particular of those brands that are promoted by the Sales team - by leading a team of Hospital sales KAMs and managing the alliance with the external salesforce (SF) team. The National Sales Manager ensures the translation of the marketing strategy for the GEM SF into concrete and actionable territory plans for activated brands and drives excellence in execution of these territory action plans, whilst ensuring that all the activities of the hospital & external SF are fully aligned with the activities of the Trade KAM team and the NHS outcomes team, in order to maximize sales and profitability of the GEM portfolio.
- Effectively lead the GEM Hospital team - Lead the team by developing an aspiring sales vision & strategy, based on the marketing strategy, helping hospital SF to translate this into relevant and actionable territory plans
- Drive the sales performance of the SF promoted established Products (EP) portfolio through development & execution of field force/territory action plans.
- Drive Sales Force Excellence - Monitor Sales force performance through the right performance management systems & metrics; track regional sales performance as well as SF activity performance (SFKPIs)
- Collaborate with internal & external partners in the promotional model
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with a science background
- Detailed understanding of ABPI Code of Practice and its practical application in a business environment. ABPI qualified
- Experience of successfully leading, coaching and motivating a team accountable for generating sales opportunities by developing partnerships with customers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage team members to achieve their objectives by engaging in strong performance management processes, inclusive of analysis, objective setting and monitoring of performance
- Experience in Sales Force Excellence, with knowledge and experience in setting up Sales force performance tools, calls plans & monitoring SF activities, SF bonus schemes, CRM etc
- Company Bonus
- Car Allowance
- Free Parking
- 25 days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Child Care Vouchers