Multi-Skilled Operator - Media Production, Broadcast, Video Editing
Location: Feltham (Remote based at present)
We are actively looking to secure a Multi-Skilled Operator to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Are you self-motivated and passionate about producing recorded and live content? Do you want to learn aspects of a small broadcast operation? Can you edit to a competent level?
Come join a small but highly skilled team delivering world class communications to employees, partners and customers in a large corporate setting in some of the best facilities available.
In this role you will be using your technical operations skills in a studio and live playout environment to support the production and delivery of broadcast and recorded content for a major technology company.
Working alongside a team of Broadcast Producers and Engineers either at home or at the company's studios in Feltham, Middlesex, you will be connecting and operating technical equipment to support the requirements of programme makers and also the broadcast operations team.
- Help produce live or recorded content remotely or in-person supporting producers in a variety of roles from graphics, PowerPoint, cameras, lighting, sound, vision and editing.
- Operate technical equipment in the production of 'live' and pre-recorded studio content as required. This may include cameras, lighting, sound, vision and graphics systems, and a range of other technical equipment.
- Assist freelance specialists in the production of 'live' and pre-recorded studio content as required. This may include operating cameras, lighting, sound, vision and graphics systems, and a range of other technical equipment.
- Work with the Producers and Engineering team to support the needs of production by means of continuous development and technical innovation.
- Rig and derig technical equipment in a safe manner as directed to support production requirements. This may include cameras, lighting, sound, vision and graphics systems, and a range of other technical equipment.
- Report technical issues to the engineering team in a timely manner so that problems are addressed quickly, and with minimal impact on output.
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies and promote a positive safety culture in all areas of the studios.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with our clients, production teams, craft specialists and other ad-hoc staff.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of editing content with Premiere Pro, including ingest, input music, dialogues, graphics and effects to create rough and final cuts.
- Able to work to a brief and grasp of production team's needs and specification and ensure logical sequencing and smooth running so projects are clearly organised and archived correctly.
- A knowledge of production workflows, broadcast equipment and systems including, but not limited to, cameras, sound, vision, lighting, graphics, post-production, media management, MCR and Playout.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to prioritize a daily workload, and to meet deadlines both individually, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrable ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines and pressure in a client-focused environment.
- An aptitude for technical understanding and problem solving with good IT skills.
- A good communicator with good written and spoken English who can remain calm under pressure.
- Able to react tactfully and sympathetically with empathy to our clients, production staff and management.
- Able to diffuse conflict and to work within a multifunctional team of permanent, contract and freelance staff.
- Ability to understand and maintain the client's brand across all production media.
- A willingness to learn process and adapt as they change and evolve.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Proven working experience in video editing.
- Previous experience in a multi-skilled technical operations role desirable,
- or experience in at least one field of technical operation.
- Some experience of working in a live event or studio environment desirable, but aptitude and pro-active focus more important.
- Qualifications in Television or Media Production from a recognised University are desirable.
- Experience of working in teams an advantage.
- The ability to work flexible hours including weekends when needed.
- Previous operational experience with the following equipment will be highly regarded:
- Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Creative Cloud software including Premiere, Media Encoder etc.
- Microsoft office, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Video conferencing applications such as WebEx.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.