Our Public Sector client based in Durham are currently recruiting for a Mobile Web Specialist.
The post holder will work within the Web Services Team and will be responsible for technical support and on-going development of the client's Mobile applications and associated web based assets. The Web Services Team is part of a larger Information Systems (IS) team that forms a key strategic resource in providing information and services to our prospective and existing students, staff and other stakeholders.
In alignment with the client's IS strategy, the Web Specialist role will use web technologies in a variety of scenarios; from developing and implementing content for Mobile consumption, to assisting in improving the efficiency of administrative functions and providing secure Mobile access to IS systems and applications in scope.
The post holder will require a high level of technical knowledge, experience of customer service delivery, risk management skills and the ability to convert business requirements into viable technical solutions.
- Design, implement and maintain mobile based solutions and applications using web technologies including:
- CSS for application styling;
- Consuming and publishing data in web API formats including JSON and XML;
- Ensure that all applications follow established standards and best practice regarding security and data protection.
- Write clear, concise reports and documents, for example to:
- Suggest solutions to problems for a range of audiences
- Summarise research on assigned topics;
- Provide technical and user documentation for software solutions.
- Develop and use automated scripts for version control, testing, and deployment.
- Independently solve problems, meet deadlines and quickly communicate them clearly to the relevant parties within the client
- Liaise with other IT staff on matters affecting the technical support of the Web both within IS and within Infrastructure and Service and Operations areas.
- Engage and participate in wider semantic, linked data and open data developments, at the client, regionally, or nationally, and to maintain knowledge of current standards and best practice and advise the client
Key Skills / Experience
- Proven experience of implementing, maintaining and supporting Mobile Technology
- A good knowledge of current web developments and standards
- Proven experience of web languages and technologies (for example, Node.js, JSON, CSS)
- Experience of other web languages and technologies such as PHP, SQL.
- Experience of Android and IOS applications and operating systems
- Mobile design experience
- Experience of release and deployment management tools (e.g. version control, automated testing, etc.)