Microsoft Project Planner/Expert - Nottingham - East Midlands - Initial 3 months
Our client requires a Microsoft Project Planner/Expert with strong experience of working within a Customer Contact Platform Team, in a fast paced environment. This role is based in Nottingham within the utilities industry on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility to extend beyond this.
- Suitable candidates must be an expert within Microsoft Project
- As the MS Project Expert, you will need to hold sessions to understand the current plans and guide Project Managers to create good, robust project plans.
- You will be expected to create a standardised project plan template which can be used by all Project Managers within the programme.
- You will be responsible for collating plans from the individual Project Managers each week in order to collate them together for the Programme Manager/the business and for use in steering meetings.
- Suitable candidates must be able to pull out key dependencies and milestones in order to highlight these for the Programme Manager.
- As part of the role, you will be working with various plan types - supplier plans, internal, and business plans
Key Skills and Experience
- Suitable candidates must have experience across both software and infrastructure projects - ideally under various methodologies (preferably Agile and Waterfall).
- Must be self-sufficient in order to get on with own deliverables.
- Any experience of other general PMO duties is an advantage - such as logging risks, issues, holding workshops, raising purchase orders.
- Experience of working with various plan types - supplier plans, internal and business plans